Saturday, November 17, 2018

How can it be Thanksgiving Already????

I have been asking that question all week.  I just celebrated my birthday.  But, when the month starts on a Thursday as November did this year, then Thanksgiving is November 22.  Ugh!!!

I have changed the menu so many times I am afraid I will forget to make something.  Of course, I always have a list, but there have been times when even that didn't help.

I have the grocery shopping done.  If I forgot something, too bad.  I'll improvise.  I need to get all the serving and cooking dishes out today and set the table.  Then I can focus on prepping all the food.  Oh, if I only had a sous chef.  Here is my menu, the last and final one:

Cranberry Sparklers

Assorted brie cheeses 
Candied bacon

Roast turkey  & gravy
Sausage, Chestnut & Fennel Dressing

Mashed potatoes
Honey-orange roasted carrots

Roasted Brussels sprouts with pancetta and shallots
Cranberry sauce

Rolls

Brownie Pumpkin Mousse

10 comments:

  1. What time is dinner? LOL :) Looks like a great feast to be had at your place! This year has gone by incredibly fast. It just seemed November started and now we are halfway through it.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are cranberry sparklers?? We will be there around 6🥂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cranberry juice and sparkling lemonade. Six will be just in time for clean-up, lol. And leftovers, of course.

      Delete
  3. Hi Denise - sounds excellent ... can I come pretty please!! Enjoy and hope all plans get ready and then you can cook, cook, cook ... or chef, chef, chef!! Enjoy preparations et al - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was just summer, wasn't it?? 😮 What a fabulous feast! 🍽️ Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. 🍗

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm always thrilled by your menus, Denise. Maybe this will be the year I try Brussels sprouts. I know, I know, everyone says they're great, so much better roasted. We'll see.... Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never tasted Brussels sprouts until I made them in a culinary class about 15 years ago. They were sauteed and incredible.

      Delete
  6. Having spent many years cooking for a living I'd happily be your sous chef, so long as you fly me across first class!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds fantastic! We are looking forward to our own Thanksgiving. Judy makes a sage dressing we are all very fond of.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.