Sunday, October 15, 2017

Garden Bloggers Bloom Day - October, 2017

After a summer of little or no rain here in my part of southeastern Michigan, we have had rain for a good part of this week.  The grass never looked this good all year.  Unfortunately, when it dries out, it will have to be mowed again.
Join me for Garden Bloggers Bloom Day today.  I took these pictures this week before the rains washed every bloom away.
 Michaelmas daisies
 A single Bonica bloom.  
The coral knock-out roses are still hanging in there, along with the bugs looking for food.
 Fall leaf color on 'Palace Purple' Heuchera
Fall leaves on doublefile viburnum
 A dwarf quickfire hydrangea that is still blooming
 Another hydrangea, species unknown
And blooms on the limelight hydrangea that I leave in place over the winter
 And last but not least, the blooms on the wild grasses
 zebra grass
To see what is blooming in other gardens, head on over to May Dreams Gardens.

18 comments:

  1. Lots of beautiful blooms! Stunning roses and I especially like your grass blooms. Autumn has definitely arrived!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. It's been a busy morning cleaning the beds.

      Delete
  2. Now summer has passed things are taking on a very different look in the garden. I've just spent they day up my elbows in mud and soil doing my winter bedding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been so dry here, that even with three inches of rain, the beds are not muddy.

      Delete
  3. Lovely rose and end of season hydrangeas. Guess our season has been opposite of yours. Was rainy now dry . Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have so many beautiful plants in your garden Denise and I especially love the daisies as they always make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all your beautiful blooms and foliage combinations Denise and the photography is amazing! As always, I enjoyed the visit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful blooms, and those grasses are great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are beautiful but pity the rains demolished them even if you needed the rain. Sorry you have to mow again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The grasses got the worst of it. Lots of fall cleanup ahead.

      Delete
  8. LOVE the fall leaf picture! And I had no idea wild grasses could turn pink. So lovely and unexpected, Denise.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Still lots of beautiful blooms. My favorites are the hydrangeas and the zebra grass. Happy GBBD!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those roses look great - nice that they keep blooming so late in the season for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What's more amazing is that the Bonica rose hasn't been eaten by the deer - yet.

      Delete
  11. You still have lots of colour in your garden, mine is fading fast. I've spent the day scrubbing out a greenhouse, lots of green mould! I'll feel good when it's done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just finished spreading baking soda on the moss growing in the garden. It was terrible this year.

      Delete
  12. I love those pink grasses most!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.