Saturday, December 21, 2013

Happy Birthday Crosswords

It is the 100th anniversary of the crossword puzzle.  I probably do not turn on the TV in the morning more than five times a year, but there was Will Shortz on the TV talking about puzzles.  Then I saw the Google doodle and a crossword puzzle link.  So, for you puzzle lovers, if you go to Google.com, you have the opportunity to do an online crossword.

Here is the link to a story about the crossword and the Google doodle.

And since some folks are getting a different 'doodle':    https://www.google.com/#ct=100th-anniversary-of-the-crossword-puzzle-5629550536949760-hp&hl=en&oi=ddle&q=crossword%20inventor

2 comments:

  1. The Google Doodle I have today is knitting because it is the spring Equinox.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got crosswords on Google and I'm happy to see it. I've been doing the Times one since college. I got to hear Will Shortz speak a few years ago and really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.