Sunday, February 17, 2013

The Muppets go to Downton Abbey

My love for the Downton Abbey productions are well known, since I've written a few blogs about it.  Last Sunday's episode was worth watching just to see Maggie Smith's facial expressions as the Dowager Countess.  The woman does not even have to speak to make me laugh.  Granted she has the best one-liners in the show, but watch her facial expressions when someone else is speaking.

For 20 years I had to sit at Board meetings with no snappy one-liners and no rolling of the eyes or shaking of the head.  How I wish I could have been her.  But then I would only be un-employed and poor, not rich and idle.

But it seems that I am not the only one who has found great humor in the Countess and Downton.  On Friday I sat down to have my lunch and turned on the TV.  I hit the wrong button and Sesame Street came on.

I have not watched this show in many years.  When my children were growing up I think I enjoyed it more than they did.  Imagine my surprise when I heard the Downton Abbey music and saw the title 'Upside Downton Abbey'.  How clever and cute.  And I love that Violet Grantham is wearing violet.  I am sure the kids have no idea who she and Carson the Butler are.




Tonight is the last episode of the season and since I follow BBC-TV I already know the outcome.  And I know why the writers had to do what they did. 

(Semi-spoiler alert):  If a character in a series announces they are not coming back, the writers need to move them someplace or else have them meet an untimely death, exactly what happened to the character Adam Carter on MI-5.  I've already agonized over tonight's events and have let it go.  But I'll still be glued to the set.

1 comment:

  1. Love this! I've kept myself from reading anyting about this episode, so I am in suspense. tsScine 982

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.