If you are interested in cooking, they offer an online membership that is great when you are searching for recipes. You can even get a free 14-day trial.
Easy Fresh Fruit Jam
- 1pound fruit fresh, (prepared according to chart below), about 3 cups
- Sugar (amount according to chart below)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice from 1 lemon
- Set small bowl over larger bowl of ice water; set aside.
- In 10- or 12-inch skillet, bring fruit, sugar, and lemon juice to boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring constantly and skimming foam as necessary, until mixture begins to look syrupy and thickens slightly, about 5 minutes for strawberries and apricots and 8 to 9 minutes for plums, peaches, and nectarines; remove from heat. Spoon 1/2 teaspoon fruit mixture into bowl over ice water; allow to set for 30 seconds. Tip bowl 45 degrees to one side; jam should be a soft gel that moves slightly. If mixture is liquid and runs to side of bowl, return skillet to heat and cook, stirring constantly, 1 to 2 minutes longer; then repeat test. Cool jam to room temperature before serving. (It will keep, covered and refrigerated, for up to two weeks.)