Saturday, August 20, 2011

The Evidence

Fortunately, my son did not send me a picture of the skunk he found.  Or I should say, half of a skunk. He did, however, send a picture of a feather left at the 'scene of the crime'.


I have found my share of dead birds and mammals in my yard.  Nothing like finding a half-skinned groundhog next to the deck.  Yuck.  But at least it doesn't smell as bad.

I have not seen a lot of owls around here, though I have seen a few and they are always a treat.  More likely to be seen are hawks  and if you look up there is a good chance they will be circling in the sky.  I always figure there will be at least one less rodent when they are through.  And that is a good thing in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.