Thursday, July 7, 2011

When 'Junk' Dies

A few weeks ago I wrote about the neighbor who is 'growing junk'.  I listed the noxious trees in his yard, including the dreaded corkscrew willow.  The thing about willows is that they like water.  Lots of water.  Without it, they weaken and die.

Last week on Tuesday we had one heck of a windy day.  I was out back painting the house and I heard this 'crack'.  Then another.  And another.  I stopped what I was doing to see what was happening.  This is what I saw:

The next day I asked the neighbor what he was going to do about the tree and he said he didn't know and wasn't even sure it was on his property.  Really?  He hung a birdhouse in it and put his chairs under it but thought it was association property?

Anyway, the tree hasn't finished falling.  And there is another one that may likely fall on my house.  I asked him what he was going to do about it and he said it was OK cause it was still 'green at the top'.   Gee, just like the one that fell over.  Why me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.