Thursday, February 10, 2011

Speaking of Food - Again

I had a request today for good recipes for soup.  I told my friend of some of my favorites and said I would make copies and give them to her.  I mentioned butternut squash, mushroom, five onion, among others.

Going through my recipe files when I got home I saw a recipe for cheese soup that I have not made in a very long time.  The recipe is a special one.  How could I have forgotten it?

Back when I was a stay-at-home mom, I sent a recipe into the Detroit News.  Imagine my surprise when they called one day and asked to come out and do a feature on my recipe.  Well, I wanted to make sure it was an experience I'd be proud of. 

I got everything ready, just as they told me to do.  Soup, ingredients, me and the boys.  Following is the article as it was printed. 


What I find interesting is that the plant hanging in the background, which I purchased in Trapper's Alley when it opened back in the mid-70's in Greektown, is still hanging in my family room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.