Sunday, January 10, 2010

Deer in the Headlights

Seems like the stories of the week are all about animals.  Deer, coyotes, wild pigs.  Enough already.  First is was the store owner, 'sporting goods', I love it, who had four deer come crashing through his windows.  Not the first time it has happened in this area.  Check out the video:
http://www.theoaklandpress.com/video/video-news/?media=8983079

I have feared the same thing will happen to me at my home.  See 'Mr. Buck Stops Here' in my back yard in November.  The day before deer season started.  Of course, you cannot shoot a firearm or hunt here, so he was safe.  And determined to stay.  As he stood fifteen feet away from me I told him to go, went inside for the camera, and he waited to strike a pose.


Several years ago I had a cocktail party and the deer provided rollicking in the snow entertainment for my guests.  I can't tell you how much money I have spent trying to keep deer from eating everything in my yard.  They have six acres of park just behind my house, but like the 'ambience' in my yard and my neighbors for dining out.

As for coyotes, they are welcome here as they have killed the miserable groundhogs that are determined to dig under my deck and right up to the foundation of the house.  Another several hundred spent on removing them this year.

As for the wild pigs, I have not seen them.  Thank God.  Apparently, there was one running wild in Detroit last year. 

Rabbits, chipmunks, red squirrels, gray squirrels, hawks.  Just an everyday occurence around here.  Welcome to suburbia.  This place is a zoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.