Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Blogging for Dollars - NOT!

OK.  Let's face it.  No one is going to write a book or make a movie about this blog. 

This past week I watched "Julie and Julia"  based on a blog about cooking all the recipes in Julia Child's first cookbook.  None of us would realistically do this, would we?  There are 50 pages on sauces alone.  I cook a lot and have even taken classes at Schoolcraft College on sauces, but no way would I make all 50 pages of sauces in one year.

Yesterday, there was an article on the web about a woman who lived a year of her life following everything Oprah said to do.  Now I have only watched Oprah's show once.  I was on vacation and my travelling companion insisted on watching the show with Sarah Jessica Parker launching her new line of clothing.  (I've never seen 'Sex and the City' either).  This woman blogged about 'living la vida Oprah' and turned it into a book.  I say, 'Who Cares?'

Today another article on the net is about a woman who spent a year blogging about her search for a husband.  Well, thinking about some of the losers I've met since I have been single, her blog might have some humorous stuff in it.

The point being, I started this for myself and to put my thoughts down.  If friends or acquaintances find something interesting, so be it.  If they say 'who cares', that is OK too.  But don't look for me to be on Oprah's couch anytime in 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.