Monday, May 21, 2018

May 21, 1969 Madrid, Spain

We have some time to kill before we get on the train again so we do what most women do (though not something I would do today) - we went shopping for jewelry.  I bought two rings; one for me and one for my sister.  I have never seen her wear hers and not sure if she still has it.  Here is mine:
Originally the ring had zircons (I think) encircling the pearl, but I had those changed out back in the 70's.  The ring is 18K gold and is quite pretty - not that I wear much jewelry anymore.

Then we went to pick up our mail and I had a few letters from friends back home.  According to the diary we are a day behind on our itinerary.  And I am the one who has messed up.  I did not indicate where we spent an extra day.  I did not keep a copy of the original plan.

For the next week we will be travelling on the train.  Today we arrive in Granada an hour behind schedule.  The man at the information booth got us a reservation at the Hotel La Perla for $1.30 a night.  It's still there but about $63 a night.  El cheapo.

The rings were $20 each and my total for the day was $40.25.  What did I eat???

7 comments:

  1. That is a pretty ring :) Maybe you ate samples at Costco? (Only kidding, I too am curious what you consumed that day :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the Costco comment. I think some folks only go there to beg for food samples.

      Delete
  2. That ring is gorgeous. I’d have fun wearing that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lovely ring, Denise. Europe in general, has such beautiful jewellery. Wow! That hotel is still cheap by today's standards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And ONLY $20 for an 18K gold ring!! Wow, again!

      Delete
  4. The ring is pretty and the brown between the pearl and the turquoise look likes seeds?? It sounds like you had a lovely day and relaxed which is what one needs to do ona trip

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.