Thursday, October 19, 2017

And then the Winter Storm in February 2013

Yesterday I posted beautiful fall pictures of leaves.  The colors were glorious.  This year we have lots of green and 70 degrees F today.
One of my readers, Alana at Ramblin' with AM, asked if that was the fall preceding the terrible winter.  Well, it was.  The worst 'fall' was to come when a storm in 'February led to the eventual demise of my gray birch tree.  I have not gone back to see my blog posts from then, but here is the birch:
  From my pics it appears that 2014 was the last bad winter.  Here is February 2014:
What was left of the birch tree got taken down that spring. 
Here's hoping that this winter is as mild as the last.  I can deal with the cold, but not the heavy, wet snow.  Maybe Mother Nature decides what weather we get based on how we behave?  Hey, I've been a good girl.  You didn't rain on my parade all summer, so please don't snow on it this winter.  Thank you.

8 comments:

  1. The NOAA has released its forecast for next winter. Guess what? Some areas will be warmer, some colder, and our part of the world will have an equal chance of either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my next life I am going to be a weather forecaster. I don't have to be right, I just have to point and sound like I know what I am talking about. I spent 20 years in politics, so it should be a snap!

      Delete
  2. So sorry about your Birch tree. I know how sad it is when a tree dies.
    And I know you folks who deal with the cold snowy winters hate it but I'd give anything to see that kind of snow here (Austin, TX). I'm from Buffalo (Niagara Falls) but have been in Austin since 1991. It's been decades since I've seen REAL snow and I so miss it! When you get sick of yours, please send some my way...

    Michele at Angels Bark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My son has lived in Austin since 2000. He was up here last weekend and complained about the humidity. And he thinks 60 degrees is cold enough, lol. I'd gladly send snow if I could.

      Delete
  3. Haven't seen that much snow in a while. We have been having such wonderful weather lately I have a nasty feeling we will be paying for it later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m sorry...but it does look like a winter wonderland. I really don’t mind the snow and, no, I am not into skiing, skating or any of that stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mid looking at, I just hate shoveling, snow blowing, driving in it......

      Delete

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.