1. Are you more task oriented or people oriented? Elaborate.
Very definitely task-oriented. Usually 'cause I find that helpers are not really helpful when I have a task and I prefer to do it myself. It is amazing that I taught in the hospital for eight years. Then again, I was teaching students how to perform a task and do it right.
2. December 15 is National Wear Your Pearls Day...do you own/wear pearls? Everyone share a 'pearl of wisdom' with us here today.
I have a pearl necklace. I only have it because one of my sons told his dad that he wanted to get his Mom something really nice for Mother's Day. When you know that one year I received an 5 HP self-propelled lawn mower, the request makes sense. Alas, I can't even remember the last time I wore them, but it was way before I retired in 2008.
As for a 'pearl of wisdom', this is what a guy told me his mother told him when he first got serious with a girl. 'If you want to make a woman happy, never buy her anything with an electrical cord.'
3. Speaking of pearls...oysters? Are you a fan or not a fan? If you answered yes, tell us your favorite way to eat oysters? If you said no, be honest-have you ever tried one or does just the idea of eating an oyster make you gag a little?
I like oysters and used to enjoy them as oysters Rockefeller at the old Joe Muer's in Detroit. I cannot remember the last time I had them, maybe not since I quit working at the hospital in 1977.
4. Time Magazine has named President-elect Donald Trump Person of the Year. Let's take presidents and presidential candidates out of the mix for a minute. If a political figure had not been chosen who would you name Man or Woman of the Year for 2016?
OK. This just takes too much thought. DT wins the election and Bob Dylan gets a Nobel Prize. Talk about the world going to hell....(IMO)
5. The Pantone Color of the Year for 2017 has been announced, and it's a vibrant green aptly named-greenery. Your thoughts? Is this a color currently in your home or wardrobe? Will you add something in this shade for the new year? Click here to see the color.
I have green in my home, but not this shade. Here are the colors I have in the living and dining areas (paint chips on a red tablecloth):
6. Today I've had too much________________________.
Cold weather. And this is just the start of the cold. How many days till spring?
7. Share a favorite lyric from a favorite Christmas carol.
The first carol that comes to mind is Adeste Fideles - O Come all ye faithful, joyful and triumphant.... I no longer attend church and I don't go carolling, so not much chance I'll be singing it. But unlike some moron on Amazon, I do not think you need to be Christian to sing carols. They are just beautiful songs. It's like saying you can't sing a love song if you've never been in love.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
December 12, 1980 was the last time I ever saw my Dad. He was here for my son's birthday. Dad died suddenly on Christmas Eve that year. This year I have thought more about it since reading posts of several bloggers who find this time of year difficult.
The year he died I was upset because I only had five Christmas dessert plates and I needed six. And then I only needed five. I felt as though I had cursed our family. I put the plates away and never used them again. I had no idea where they were, but found them this summer. And now I am again wondering where I stashed them.