Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Comfort Food for Christmas

I am already sick of the winter weather and make no promises not to complain about it for the next few months.  As I was cleaning my drive Sunday for the third time in 24 hours, I was asking myself why I am still living in Michigan.  (I like my house and two kids live here)

I need to clean the drive again today before I take off to do some grocery shopping.  If I leave the snow there, I eventually end up with an icy trek to the mailbox.

This has got me thinking about a 'comfort food' Christmas dinner.  No fancy standing rib or crown roast of pork.  No. It will be meatloaf and macaroni and cheese.  Well, not just any old m, m and c.  The menu:

Appetizers

Poached shrimp
Ham and Cheese in puff pastry
Assorted cheeses and nuts

Salad course

Boston lettuce, goat cheese, tomato, pecans, Buttermilk Lime Dressing

Main course
 
Individual Beef & Wild Mushroom Meatloaf on Corn Relish 
Lobster macaroni and cheese
Roasted Root Vegetables w Caramelized Onions 
French Green Beans w shallots and bacon
Rolls w Herbed Butter

Dessert 

Dark Chocolate Mousse Cake with Cherry Compote
Assorted Cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.