Saturday, July 23, 2011

Never too Many Daylilies

There is no such thing as too many daylilies, IMO. I woke up this morning to find that the cultivar 'Mighty Mogul' was blooming.  How pretty.

Yes, I know, another red.  But this one is only about 18 - 24 inches high.  And it blooms later than the others. 

Seeing as it was so hot, again, I headed off to English Gardens to see if I could find any treasures.  I admit that there are a few too many plants of the variety 'Green Flutter' in my yard. If you are shopping at English Gardens and see them for sale, just call me and I'll make you a deal.

While there I couldn't resist a purchase, or two.  I bought another daylily.  This is also a small variety called 'Pardon Me'.

OH.  And it is red.

The only way to make room for any new plants is to throw out some of my black-eyed Susans.  I've given some away, but these plants not only seed themselves, they spread underground too.

I have done a pretty good job of keeping the deer off the flowers, but they got in the other night and started feasting.  I think the large drainage hose scared them off, they supposedly think it is a snake, because flowers on one side were devastated and the other side was perfectly fine.  The cashier at English Gardens said that her parents have nothing blooming thanks to the deer.  I certainly know what that is like.  Here they managed to munch most of the daylilies behind the hose and then they must have turned around and left.  YAY!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.