Sunday, March 6, 2011

France, the Middle East, Wisconsin - Coming soon to a town near you

Do you hear the people sing?
Singing the song of angry men?
It is the music of a people who will not be slaves again.   ---- from Les Miserables

I've been sitting here since seven this evening watching a PBS presentation of a 25th anniversary production of  'Les Miserables'.  It has been so enjoyable I decided to buy a ticket to the Fisher Theater production in a few weeks.

So, I'm listening to the lyrics.  Not singing along as I am wont to do, but really listening.  And I hear the above lyric and think, 'Oh my.  Sounds like something they should sing in Wisconsin.  Or maybe soon in Lansing.'

So, while I am online to find tickets I google 'Les Miz' and find that apparently the folks in Wisconsin have already decided that this is a good song for their cause.  See for yourself.  And notice the youthful faces.  Reminds me of my youth and makes me want to make a picket sign. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.