Friday, November 5, 2010

Live Long and Prosper

I am doing a NYT crossword yesterday and the first clue is 'Sci-fi role started in 1966'.  Well, I hate TV and pop music trivia because I don't store much of that knowledge upstairs.  But, the down clue for the first letter was year in which Michelangelo began work on 'David'.  Aha.  Must be 'MD something'. (MDI)

So.  A character strating with 'M'.  Wheels start spinning.  I was in college in '66, so not watching much TV.  But 'Mr. Spock' jumped into my head.  I have seen all the 'Star Trek' movies and have seen enough of the series over the years to make an imprint in the old noggin. 

And then I thought, WOW.  Not only did Leonard Nimoy start playing Spock in 1966, he played Spock Prime in the latest movie in 2009.  (In that same period of time, actually 1963-2008, we've had six different actors protray James Bond.)

Is there any other TV and movie role that has gone on for so long with the same actor?  I couldn't think of any, but if you know of one, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.