Saturday, November 20, 2010

Food, food, food

The last ten days have been like a food fiesta.  Three classes at Schoolcraft, two work days at the hospital pastry kitchen and one demonstration and chocolate tasting.  Add to that my prepping for Thanksgiving and, as I said, it's been 'food, food, food.'

I think my menu for next Thursday is finally set.  I have had a last minute change in dessert.  So 'last minute' that it occurred this afternoon.  That resulted from my 'French torte' class that I had today.  We made an absolutely exquisite Chocolate Raspberry Chambord Torte.  We made and then assembled chocolate chiffon cake, lady fingers, chocolate raspberry mousse, and chambord syrup into a 10-inch confection. 

Now, while I am pretty sure I could have come home from class and made decent headway into eating the entire thing (and then passing out), I decided to freeze it for the holiday.  So, no pumpkin cheesecake bars and no apple cranberry cake.  And no slaving over a hot oven on Wednesday.

I also did not have to cook dinner tonight.  I had plenty of leftover food from last night's class.  So, tonight for dinner I had a stuffed cabbage, slice of lamb, potato boulangere, and some sausage and sauerkraut.  We made the sauerkraut in class several weeks ago.  Tomorrow I can eat the rest of my leftovers, consisting of hunter's style chicken stew and shrimp and sausage jambalaya.

Last weekend I had leftover chicken curry and basmati rice with naan bread that we made in class.  While I have never been a fan of curried foods, this was delicious, and not just because it happened to be the dish I prepared in class.  It is definitely something I will make again.

So now I am on to reviewing the upcoming class schedule for next semester.  So many foods, so little time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.