Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Library of Congress

Last January I visited the Library of Congress in Washington, DC for the very first time.  Well, there are so many places to visit, and it is 'just a library', right?  Wrong.   It is an incredibly beautiful building.

Anyway, when I got home I signed up for their emails.  Currently, they are conducting a 'Vote for your Favorite Author'.  If you read a lot, as I do, you may wish to go to the site and cast your ballot.

Now, some of you who have been following this blog for some time, may remember that on the 'Books I am reading' I had the latest Diana Gabaldon listed and said I was stuck on page 206.  I am still stuck on that page and the book is safely stowed in the bookcase for the day when I have absolutely nothing else to read.

After you vote, check out the results at Vote .  I am not saying that someone rigged the voting, but, really, that many?  I enjoy her books immensely and have read all of them.  (Well, 206 pages is significant.)  But if I thought someone would have that many votes, I would have suspected James Patterson, who has a new book every month, maybe more.  Just saying.

So, go vote for your favorite.  Give someone else a fighting chance here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.