Sunday, July 11, 2010

And this is Important, WHY?

My absentee ballot is still sitting on the kitchen counter top where I first opened it.  I am pretty sure I will not be voting for all the offices on the ballot.  I just don't like many of these people.

What is really getting irritating is the campaign material and phone calls I am receiving.  I live in a state where the economy is so f, well, let's just say it is BAD.  And what do the materials and phone callers tell me?

Our candidate has been endorsed by 'Right to Life'.  Our candidate is pro-life.

And this is going to help the economy how?  My older son was here last week when one of the calls came.  While I was yelling at the caller (on the answering machine since I do not pick up robocalls or anything faintly resembling them), he informed me that RTL is the issue people vote on.  WELL, no wonder we are in such a mess.  What does that have to do with running government????

Well, nothing actually, but then we have the candidates with no clue, no experience, and no ideas.  And then we elect them.  Hey, they are 'right-to-life'.  And I have a right to my opinion.  And a right not to vote for them.  Maybe I'll just ink in my name on the ballot.  For everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.