Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Meet the Author at the WB Library

I was so impressed with the book 'Annie's Ghosts' that I sent a little note to the author, Steve Luxenburg.  He had mentioned Detroit Receiving (General) Hospital in his book, where I worked from 1967-1977, and had that Detroit connection. 

Last night I received a very nice response to my note.  Steve informed me that he will be speaking in West Bloomfield in a few weeks -- May 13 at the West Bloomfield Library, 7 p.m.

How cool is that?  The library's website has so much information that I never even found the notice. 

If you have never visited the site, I suggest you do so.  One of the features that I really enjoy is the 'Bestseller's Club'.  You must have your library card available so you can log in.  Pick your favorite authors and when new books by them are published, the library will place a hold on it for you and notify you when it is available.  (Unless you like to purchase all your books at Costco.)  It was the library list of new books that first alerted me to 'Annie's Ghosts'.

There is a wealth of information on the site.  While there, consider joining the Friends of the Library.  They are a great organization.  They run the Friendshop in the Main Library where you can buy used books.  If you visit there tonight after 5, stop by and say 'Hi'.  I'll be doing my once a month duty at the shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.