Tuesday, July 5, 2016

TMI: Who am I?

I saw this list on Birgit's blog this morning and decided they were questions I wouldn't mind answering, not that too many folks are interested in the answers.  The idea comes from Debbie the Doglady and it is similar to the A to Z idea except you do it all in one day.  So much easier.  Without further ado, here are my answers.  

A- Age - the first of the baby boomers, I turn 70 this year
B- Biggest fear - Having someone ram my car in the roundabouts.  Obviously, drivers around here do not know what 'yield' means, nor were they taught to even look to the left when entering to see if there is oncoming traffic
C- Current time - I am starting this at 10:49 AM on July 5 and hope to post it today
D- Drink you last had - French vanilla coffee for breakfast
E- Every day starts with - an antacid, coffee and email
F- Favorite Song - I don't really have one.  It depends on my mood.
G- Ghosts, are they real? - I've never seen one, but I have a friend who owns a historic farm house and she says they have seen the original owner hanging around
H- Hometown- West Bloomfield, MI
I -In love with - My grandson, Charlie; life in general
J- Jealous of - Right now it's folks who live in areas where fireworks are not allowed.  Really now.  If the pictures on my walls vibrate, are those fireworks really legal in a subdivision?
K- Killed someone - No, but the temptation when fireworks are going off is a reason I don't own a gun.  Then again, if I had a gun, I would most likely shoot up the TV during election seasons
L- Last time you cried? - Hmmm.  Can't remember but it was probably while watching a movie
M- Middle name - Lorraine, after my godmother
N- Number of siblings - one, a sister four years younger
O- One wish - to have my health forever and then die quickly when I am really, really old.
P- Person you last called - A neighbor to alert her to the drama of four cop cars, an ambulance and a fire truck arriving at my neighbor's house on Friday night.  Have no idea what was going on as he is the neighbor who wouldn't repair the fence around the pool and we don't talk anymore.
Q- Question you’re always asked - So, what are you doing now that you have retired?
R- Reason to smile - Charlie
S- Sounds that annoy you - Fireworks and the aforementioned neighbor when he is yelling at his kids or his wife and using the F word constantly
T- Time you woke up - 7:03 this morning, which was late because of the aforementioned fireworks so I went to bed about two hours later than usual
U- Underwear color - really?  Do folks still wear underwear?  (kidding)
V- Vacation destination-  
   a) Favorite so far - I could never pick just one, but I absolutely love Paris 
   b) Wish List - I've traveled to lots of places, but I would like to go back to Italy 
W- Worst habit - I have no bad habits, lol
X- X-Rays you’ve had - You name it, I've probably had it x-rayed or CAT scanned or MRI.  You live this long, you get lots of x-rays
Y- Your favorite food - Pizza and pasta.  Hey, I'm Italian
Z- Zodiac sign - Scorpio

25 comments:

  1. Great list. Hope you got through the Fourth and all the fireworks okay. I don't mind them but I do feel for those who do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it was just one show, that is one thing. This will continue all summer. Ridiculous.

      Delete
  2. Love your list...being Scorpio is could see you go commando. Thankfully we have had a ban on all fireworks, sparklers etc... because of no rain but I'm with you about wanting to kill someone who sets these things off in a subdivision or anywhere for that matter (unless done by a professional and one travels to see them)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And here they are legal on a day after a holiday. For what purpose?

      Delete
  3. First prize, best answer for letter U.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I look at someone and wonder if they just forgot.

      Delete
  4. French vanilla coffee....my favorite!! I have an old woman ghost who lives in my house. I call her Ada. I haven't seen as much of her in the last few years (after the grands came here to live) but I believe she came from the pioneer times. Loved your list and getting to know you a bit better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't mind seeing a ghost. A friendly one, that is.

      Delete
  5. You avoided some of them I see, tut tut Denise. Was there a pet hate, I would say bed bugs in answer. I am so fed up with the damned things. 7 months now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't avoid any, just didn't have a specific answer. I have underwear in all colors. And I really don't have any bad habits. Honest.

      Delete
  6. Roundabouts scare me. We had several when we lived in Prescott and there are lots in Sedona and other small Arizona towns. Funniest one we saw was driving through a very remote part of Arizona in the middle of the night and smack in the middle of the 4 lane road was a roundabout. Weird.

    I liked reading these; got to know you and your sense of humor a bit better :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have roundabouts at major road intersections and then a stop light a few hundred feet down the road at a subdivision entrance. So I am stopped at a light with no cross-traffic. What is the point?

      Delete
  7. We had a relatively quiet celebration. No one around us did the fireworks things, but we heard the loud booms of several nearby towns. Cook out was great though! Thanks for participating, it's wonderful to learn a little about you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we had them going off again last night, which is legal here. The day after a holiday is legal? Glad you enjoyed the answers.

      Delete
  8. Sounds like you have some lovely neighbours. Ugh. I'm getting the feeling fireworks are a big problem in the US. You aren't the first person I've seen with concerns about them lately.

    Thanks for doing this! I love this particular blog exercise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am blessed with horrible neighbors on both sides. I really thought that when I moved out here that I would find a better class of neighbors than when I was young and very poor and living in a not-so-nice neighborhood. Wrong.

      Delete
  9. This was fun to read. I heard fireworks again last night. Remember when we only heard them on the 4th? I don't have any bad habits either : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Until four years ago all of these loud commercial fireworks were illegal here. Now, anyone who has money to burn, literally, can become a Class A idiot with Class C fireworks.

      Delete
  10. I sure hope people still wear underwear. HAHA!

    This was fun. Thanks for sharing and telling us know more about you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen some women in skin tight leggings and short tops and I really wonder.

      Delete
  11. Hey! Great A to Z about you. I love the question you're always asked. Bet you're busier than when you had a day job, right? Stop by The Write Game and say hi. I was late to the hop because we have a new baby in our family and he took precedence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. Blogging gets second place after my grandson.

      Delete
  12. Thanks for joining the Blogfest, Denise. I enjoyed meeting you and learning something about you. Gee, I thought I was the oldest Baby Boomer, here. ;) We have Italy in common, as well. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved your honest answers.
    Seems you hate fireworks. India has a festival named Diwali that is meant only for fireworks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, when they are going off at 11 at night and all you hear is loud noise, it is rather annoying. It is not like they are all professional shows. And they must have ten of those just in my community. It's a bit much.

      Delete

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.