Saturday, April 11, 2015

Happy Birthday Charlie

Dearest Charlie,


Today we had your first Birthday Party.  On Monday you will turn one-year-old.  I cannot believe that an entire year has zipped past, but I am so grateful to have spent so many days with you watching you grow.

You were only one week old when we celebrated Easter last year.  You were so tiny and helpless.

And then before I knew it you were moving around and playing in your jumperoo.
 four months old

Grammy went off to Russia and you went to a Detroit Lions game.  Yup, it puts me to sleep too.

And suddenly, you were already six months old

and crawling all over the house, totally wearing yourself out and falling asleep on the floor.

Off to Florida to see Grandpa and enjoying the sun and sand in December.

You are so smart and curious.  You seem to have a real interest in anything mechanical: my computer, the TV remote, the Kindle Fire, and the telephone, the real one.  You walk around babbling into the toy phone and what I wouldn't give to know what is going through your mind while you talk on your phone.

And then it was Easter again and you showed up dressed in your Sunday best and entertained us with all your charm.

Today you were in awe of everything and everyone.  You were so eager to play with all the kids.  You seemed to be having a great time.

I am sure you will sleep really sound tonight.

Happy Birthday Toots.  Rest up for the start of year two.

Love, Grammy

13 comments:

  1. What a sweetie! Love him in his Sunday finest. I just came inside from my granddaughters 3rd birthday party. She's still going strong, but MawMaw is worn out!
    Visit me at: Life & Faith in Caneyhead
    I am Ensign B of Tremps' Troops
    with the A to Z Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlie had a blast today. He was out by 7:15. Thanks so much for helping out today and everyday with him. Your post was so sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They can wear you out:) He is a cutie pie and before you know it, he will be almost 6' tall and asking for the car keys. Enjoy every precious moment

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing how fast time goes by when you have little ones around.

      Delete
  4. You are really enjoying your grandson. Did you make the cake?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I did not make the cake. A local woman made it. I did the chicken and tuna salads and the ants on a log. Somehow I managed to forget to take a picture of the food. Duh!

      Delete
  5. Belated birthday wishes to little Charlie. So wonderful to know that you are enjoying grandmotherhood, Denise. That little boy is one lucky grandson, and you are one lucky grandmom. Wish you both loads of joyful memories always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just so grateful to be able to spend time with him. He makes me feel young. Thank you for your good wishes.

      Delete
  6. Aww, this was so cute! Congratulations to your adorable grandson, Charlie. He looks like a true character! Thanks for sharing his birthday with us! Too many, many more! Lisa, co-host AtoZ 2015, @ http://www.lisabuiecollard.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your grandson is adorable! For now I only have a boxer grand puppy. At least she likes to snuggle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only one grand-baby and I'm already 68. This may be the only one from my three boys.

      Delete

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.