Wednesday, July 9, 2014

STOP THE FIREWORKS UNITED (STFU)

I have started a petition directed toward our West Bloomfield Representatives regarding the use of fireworks in Michigan.  If you live here, you know what I am talking about.  If you agree that they should be banned, please sign the petition online and then send an email to your West Bloomfield neighbors.  Heck, send it to everyone you know in Michigan.

Our children, pets and our veterans suffering from PTSD should not be subjected to the noise associated with fireworks.  As taxpayers, we have a right to enjoy our homes, breath air not polluted with harmful metals contained in fireworks, and not worry about personal injury or property damage from the actions of a few.

That's why I created a petition to Rep. Klint Kesto (MI-39) and Sen. Mike Kowall (MI-15), which says:

"In the interest of protecting and preserving the public health, safety and welfare of all Michigan residents, we, the undersigned, call upon the members of the Michigan Legislature to immediately repeal the Fireworks Safety Act 256 of 2011, and for the Governor to sign that repeal."

Will you sign this petition? Click here:


Thanks!

(I mean they really had the gall to call it a 'safety' act?)

4 comments:

  1. I would sign in a heartbeat if I lived in your area but I am a Canadian and wish they were banned. It really is not needed and they don't give anything truly pretty, just noise, danger and fear from people with PTSD and our animals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm guessing they allow them in Ontario. When I was in British Columbia two years ago, a local mayor told me they do not allow them in her community. She said they were very strict there about non-professional use. I think Michigan must have 'professional idiots' who use them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They also made fireworks louder too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not even sure those really loud ones are legal here. Pictures rattling on my walls? Give me a break.

      Delete

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.