Friday, November 9, 2012

I thought the election was OVER!!!!!

I was so happy when Wednesday arrived as I thought that FINALLY the phone would stop ringing with those d--- political robocalls.  Well, I guess my euphoria was short-lived.

First thing on Wednesday afternoon I received a call regarding one of Michigan's six failed ballot proposals.  Then a call yesterday on a similar issue.  Then another one about five minutes ago. 

The first call was picked up by the answering machine and a long, long message was being left until I hit the disconnect and ended the call.

Then yesterday I saw a number I didn't recognize and didn't answer.  Today I saw the same number, picked it up and waited, and got no response.  Then I googled the name that appeared.  Turns out it is the same issue as the person had who was leaving the message.

Enough already.  This is my private home and I think I should be able to say that your freedom of expression should not intrude on my right to privacy in my home.  The phone is there for my personal needs, not those of politicians and lobbyists. 

I am about ready to rip the phone out of the wall.  Maybe it is just time for me to get rid of the landline and never give out my phone number to anyone who doesn't have a legitimate reason for using it.

Am I the only one who feels like this?  I think NOT.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.