Friday, May 11, 2012

Being Neighborly?

I received an email from a friend last week saying that her neighbor had so many weeds that she went outside with weed killer and took action.  I know exactly how she felt. 

Several years ago I snuck outside at 5:30 a.m. and put weed and feed on my neighbor's lawn.  I don't think she ever knew the difference.

The neighbor who currently lives in that same house now is even worse.  He finally cut his grass yesterday, but only the grass in front. 

The people across the street had yet to mow their lawn this year, and so yesterday morning, their next door neighbor went over there and cut the grass himself.  A few weeks ago he cut down all their dead bushes between the two yards.  And its not like he doesn't have his own yard to maintain.

I wonder why people like these 'curb appeal rejects' buy homes on these one-third acre lots.  They seem to have absolutely no interest in maintaining the property.  Isn't that why folks buy condos or rent an apartment???

I think we should be allowed to fully fence our properties.  Certainly no one has a 'right' to see how I landscape my home.  And if I did that, I would not have to see how they neglect to landscape theirs. 

I know that you may be thinking that is the bad economic times, but I have lived here 40 years, and some of these homes have been a disaster since day one, no matter who the owner was. 

Weeds, junk trees, broken limbs lying on the ground, dead plantings.  What a freakin' mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.