Friday, June 3, 2011

It's only a Number

Back in March I saw an article about the Mayor of Warren and his refusal to tell anyone his real age.  The reason cited was that he prefers to date younger women.  Younger?  Younger than what?  The implication is you must be older.  A lot older.

The newspaper today has an article on a lawsuit filed to keep him off the ballot for failing to disclose his age on his filing papers.  According to the article, the Mayor is 66.  Below is a picture of him from another online article.



I ask you:  Does this guy look younger than 66?  Maybe it's bad lighting.  Maybe it is my eyes.  Whatever. 

There is a TV add for 'Men of a Certain Age'.  Ray Romano, who is 53, asks a young man how old he thinks he is.  The 20-something says, '65'.  If that is the case, I guess the guy would think Mr. Mayor is 85.  I mean, who do you think you are fooling?   Or is this all just a publicity stunt?  Any press is good press?

Age?  It's just a number.  If you take care of yourself and have good genes, you look young.  One of my teachers stopped by my home when I was in grade school and thought my Dad was my brother.  He was 23 when I was born.

As for dating younger women, unless she is in a nursing home, she is probably younger than this Mayor looks.  Get over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.