Friday, June 1, 2018

Two Weeks in the Garden

This is some of what I have been seeing in my garden over the last two weeks.  Enjoy.
 The Royal Raindrops crabapple that I planted last year.  I put this in to eventually replace an old Snowdrift crabapple, though so far it looks great this season.  

Columbine that has seeded itself and gone wild in the yard.  

 Salvia that was used to replace daylilies.  Deer do not eat salvia.
 I know I told myself I would buy no new plants this year, but I removed some more grass and this clematis was lovely.  

 Last year I divided all the iris and they too seem to be doing great.  
 Wisteria 'Amethyst Falls'.  More like wisteria on steroids.  It is just loaded with flowers this year.
 My oldest peony that my mother gave me from her yard back in the mid 70's.  I have three plants now.
Krinkled White peony that just opened this morning.
Ferns.  A friend gave me a few ferns back in the 70's when I was planting the garden.  Every year I have some to dig some up from where I do not want them.  I've tried to concentrate them in a few areas and this year they are just gorgeous.

As much as I complained about the long cold winter, many of my perennials seem to have loved it.  I did lose some plants, but the ones that survived are loving the rain and high humidity.

9 comments:

  1. These pictures are beautiful! I love all these plants and they survived the deer as well:) Our one butterfly bush took a beating from winter but it seems to be coming back which is good. We just plants milkweed to heal with the butterflies. I should say it was my hubby who did all the planting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My butterfly bush died. I was going to plant milkweed, but they didn't have any at the nursery.

      Delete
  2. Such a beautiful garden! I really need to re-discover my love for gardening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now you have the time as an empty nester.

      Delete
  3. Very pretty and definitely what we wouldn't be seeing in Phoenix this time of year (or perhaps any time of the year)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely garden Denise, your hard work certainly pays off. After all the balcony work round our place, they have laid sods at the front of the building and I just noticed they had eliminated flower beds whilst doing so, great pity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grass is much easier to take care of than flowers. Cut it and done.

      Delete
  5. Those ferns are quite stunning. Never seen them planted together like that. I wonder if they would grow outside here... I love wisteria, too, but it won't grow worth a hoot here. Nor do Chinese Maples do well. Or hydrangeas. NONE of my favorite flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They spread quite rapidly under shady, wet conditions. Too much sometimes.

      Delete

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.