Friday, June 22, 2018

Reasoning with a Four-year-old

We all know how hard it is to reason with some folks.  They are truly delusional in their beliefs and ideas.  And I find that I avoid those who do not agree with me cause I am just too old to spend my life trying to reason with idiots.  So, I spend three days a week with my four-year-old grandson Charlie.  I mean, I should have a good edge in the discussion, right?  Well, maybe not.  Here is a transcript of Monday.

Nana:  Charlie, your ear is red, your face is red and you are hot.  You need to take some Tylenol.

Charlie:  I don't need no Tylenol.

Nana:  The Tylenol will make you feel better.

Charlie:  I not sick.  French toast will make me feel better.

Nana:  Okay.  I'll make you French toast, but you still need to take some Tylenol.  You have a bug in your tummy.

Charlie:  (looking at Nana like she has lost her mind)  I not eat any bugs!

Nana goes off to the kitchen trying to contain her laughter and makes the French toast.  She comes back with French toast and some Tylenol liquid in the syringe.

Nana:  I made your French toast.  Open your mouth.  (Nana squirts the medicine into his mouth and tells him to swallow.)

Charlie:  (laughing)  You tricked me.

Nana:  (smiling)  You'll thank me for it.  Eat your French toast.

Fever was gone in about 30 minutes.

Charlie and his hero, Chewbacca


5 comments:

  1. Cute! ☺ Good that the Tylenol worked so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, that's really cute. Glad he didn't fight you in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If they would just listen to the voice of reason and maturity :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trickster eh? Glad it worked.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kids are funny but thankfully, you won the day. I love Chewbacca myself.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.