Monday, June 18, 2018

June 18, 1969 Naples, Italy

We arrived in Naples by train at 11:30 in the morning.  We signed up for two tours and then checked into the Hotel Garden.  I remember this hotel very well because we had a terrace room and spent the afternoon on it.  I made the comment that the city was not safe to walk around in alone, but have no idea why I said that.  In the evening I colored Shar's hair again.  There must have been some point where she did mine, but I never mentioned it in the diary.

We are both tired, but if all we did was ride the train and lay around on the terrace, I can't imagine what tired us out.  Maybe just left over from the hectic pace in Rome?

Here is a map of Italy where I tried to show our route through the country.  It is missing one little blip for tomorrow's trip, but then I do not want to spoil the surprise (If you look closely you can figure it out).

Paying for our hotel in Rome for six nights and the two tours we booked this morning, today's expenses totalled $69.90.  Yowza.

11 comments:

  1. Brindisi?! Where the ferry goes to Greece?! (Sorry, been there!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, you are a little ahead of the game, but we will get there, lol.

      Delete
  2. I'm clueless where you ended up, but map reading was never a great skill of mine, LOL :) I wonder how Naples is now compared to back then? Still unsafe to walk alone?

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From what I saw in some online articles it is still the same. But any big city in Europe has pickpocket problems in my experience.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a lovely hotel! I'm guessing your sidetrip was to Capri, Amalfi and/or Sorrento?

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I am behind on commenting, I already know it was Capri. A famous British singer of the 2nd world war area retired there with her toy boy!! You didn't mention that thar mountain in Naples.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was only six years old than him.

      Delete
    2. Didn't realise that, I remember there was a lot of talk about it at the time.

      Delete

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.