Tuesday, May 22, 2018

May 22, 1969 Granada, Spain

"Went to visit the Alhambra and Generalife Gardens.  They are absolutely gorgeous.  The Moors built the palace in the 13th century.  Took lots of pictures.  Saw the harem rooms and Sultan's quarters."

Wow.  Clear and concise.  I must have been tired of writing.  I didn't even fill the page.  Some memories stay with you.  Just wish I had those photos, those these must suffice.

Alhambra-Granada-2003
By comakut (Flickr) [CC BY-SA 2.0], via Wikimedia Commons
Dawn Charles V Palace Alhambra Granada Andalusia Spain


Spain Andalusia Granada BW 2015-10-25 15-39-55
Berthold Werner [CC BY-SA 3.0], from Wikimedia Commons

Two nights in the hotel, the tour, and our expenses come to $10.55. 

7 comments:

  1. What a pity we can't time travel. You could go back to that time and do the trip all again but taking more advantage and saving the pix this time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With digital cameras that is much easier.

      Delete
  2. This must have been impressive to see. Hubby plays Recuerdos de la Alhambra by Francisco Tárrega (means Memories of Alhambra) won a talent show for it years ago. It in itself is an impressive piece of music written for such an elegant place. First thing I thought of when I read you had visited it was hubby and his playing of it :) Bet it indeed was an enjoyable day for you!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now this is a place on my bucket list. I even have a book about this magnificent palace. Too bad the pictures faded so

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pictures are still in my head, especially the harem rooms.

      Delete
  4. What will stay with me in memory forever from Granada, is the view of the snow covered Sierra Nevada mountains from the sunny city center. The sight of the snow cooled me a little bit.
    I have pictures with myself in the Generalife Gardens which make my heart cringe - I was young and cute in those days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just wish that when I visited many of these places way back in my youth I knew more history. But I certainly learned a lot on the trip.

      Delete

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.