Friday, December 22, 2017

The Christmas Menu

It's that time and family are asking me if I have set my menu for Christmas dinner.  That is kinda funny since I decided back in September what I was making.  I had at least three other large dinners to plan and did not want to repeat any foods.  So, without further ado, here is the final? menu.

Baked Brie and fig jam tart
Assorted cheeses, fresh fruit, nuts, crackers
Baked Ham w Mango Chutney
Potato and Fennel Gratin
Green Beans 
Glazed Baby Carrots
Buttermilk Biscuits w Orange Butter

Chiffon cake with lemon curd and raspberry filling
Assorted cookies and maybe some brownies


12 comments:

  1. Ooh, potato and fennel gratin sounds good! It all sounds good, actually 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The gratin is great because you can prep it ahead and bake it when you need to. I keep Christmas dinner pretty simple cause gift opening takes forever. It is the only time I wish I had a bigger house.

      Delete
  2. Looks like I am going to be cooking too but I really don't know what. Maybe I will cook some lamb as I have a roast in the freezer. Wish I lived close to you, I would be knocking on your door.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How is Matt doing? Any surgery in his future? When I broke a bone in my foot, they just put a boot on it.

      Delete
    2. He's had a boot since Monday. Physiotherapist calling this morning. Fracture Clinic this aft (assuming the roads clear a bit). I think he broke dozens of bones the way he is walking even with the walker!!!!

      Delete
  3. What a delectable menu! Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas and all the best for 2018.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great, festive menu!
    Happy Holidays to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a lucky family. For us this year, an antipasto and standing rib roast. Cookies for dessert. And oh yes, Purity eggnog from Ithaca, New York, the best eggnog there is. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love eggnog, but no one else does. Haven't made standing rib for a few years.

      Delete
  6. That sounds like a fabulous menu even though I don't eat meat. The baked brie and fig jam tart is making my mouth water as it sounds delicious.
    Have a really lovely Christmas with your family.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.