Friday, October 13, 2017

Friday the 13th of October, 1972

I am celebrating my 45th anniversary of the day I moved into my present home.  A lot has changed over the years and I could share more pics if I actually had them on my computer.  Here it is in 1975:
My ex picked the color.  I hated it. 
By 1981, the plants had started to fill in:
Fast forward 25 years to 2006 and at least the red siding is gone along with the original junipers under the windows.
Then 2011:
with the plants taking over the front:
And what it looks like today:
It holds lots of stories and memories.

7 comments:

  1. I like the house as it looks in the middle pictures (3 and 4). Lovely!
    Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I lost one of the birch trees in an ice storm. And removed lots of grass in the last ten years.

      Delete
  2. I like them all! 45 years is a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the starter home that lasted. Glad I stayed.

      Delete
  3. What a transformation! And the multiple color contrast makes it so much more inviting. We fought junipers under our windows as well. Dug theme up and have planted many different kinds of flowers, but where they were, nothing seems to grow...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I replaced them with a smaller variety. I have vinca there which threatens to take over.

      Delete
  4. Never lived anywhere that long. In fact our 16 years here is the longest anywhere. Guess I have had a roving life. Love the pictures. I bet there are lots of memories in all that time.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.