Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Me in 30 Odd Questions and Answers

30 ODD QUESTIONS #BlogFest THE DOGLADY'S DEN

So, here I am doing a 'tell all' about me as I join the Doglady in her latest blogfest.  Read my answers, visit her blog, and play along if you so desire.


1. What did you want to be when you were a kid?
Grown-up?  I remember thinking about acting, directing, being the next Perry Mason...until I decided in junior high that I wanted to study laboratory medicine.  I did get my degree and then worked in the profession for ten years after college.

2. Which “Friends” character do you relate to the most? Why? 
I never watched the show, so...

3. Do you like your name? Why?
I like my name now.  I hated it growing up because no one else had it.  And, no one pronounced it the French way except my godfather.  It's De-neeze, not De-niece, but oh well...

4.  Are you messy or neat?
I am fairly neat, but not obsessive.
  
5.  How tall are you? 
5'4" ?  Depends on who is measuring.

6.  How tall were you when you were 10? 
Really?  My feet touched the ground.  And I was taller than the boys.

7. What is your guilty pleasure? 
Food wise?  Sander's Sea salt caramels or Private Selection Sea Salt Caramel Truffle ice cream

8. What are you saving money for right now? 
Nothing.  I'm spending, lol.  I hate that I turn 70 1/2 this year and have to take money out of my IRAs just so the government can get their taxes.  It's stupid.

9. How many Pringles can you eat at once? 
I don't like chips, so not even one.

10. Tea or coffee? 
Coffee usually, but herbal tea if I am feeling down.  If I have made scones, then definitely tea, preferably English Breakfast.  Vanilla shot, milk and sugar in coffee.  Honey in tea.

11.  Are you an introvert or an extrovert? 
Introvert, but I can be extroverted when need be.  Or is that bitchy?

12.  What will be your Halloween costume this year?
Granny D

13.  Sweet or salty?
See question 7

14. Favourite social media?
The blogosphere

15. Who is the last person you kissed?
My grandson Charlie.  Several times today despite his runny nose.

16. What is your favourite breakfast?
It's my favorite meal so this is hard.  But if I am going out to eat, then eggs Manhattan with smoked salmon and cream cheese are probably my favourite.  One of these days I must post my French toast recipe.  I love omelettes.  And my cranberry pecan pancakes...

17.  When is your birthday?
On the day I was born.  Okay.  It's a national holiday and falls on the same day every year.  Take a guess.

18.  When did you start your blog?
January 1, 2010

19.  What is your opinion on the Kardashians?
I try to refrain from using foul language.

20.  How would you describe your style?
Eclectic

21.  What colour is your hair?
Did my hairdresser put you up to this?  I have not colored my hair since November.  I was trying to see what color it is.  I have been coloring it for 50 years.  I've had everything from platinum blonde to carrot red and black.  Only once in all that time did I even get close to my natural color and my father said it looked awful.  That was 40 years ago.  So, my ends are the blondish colour in my blog photo.  The rest is kinda grey and ash, but dull.  I think I may get it frosted on the ends.  Then again...  I can't decide.
Me, before I started coloring my hair
 Me in 2004, when I still had eyebrows and was trying to be closer to my natural color - whatever that is
Current color, though I had it all cut off and it is super short

22.  What colour socks are you wearing?
It got to 70F today, so no socks.  But most of the time they are black.

23.  What is your dream job?
I retired nine years ago and am certainly not dreaming about a job.  I enjoyed the lab work I did and I enjoyed my last position.  Neither was anywhere close to being a dream.

24.  Dogs or cats?
I am allergic to both.  That being said, I had dogs and cats growing up and have owned three dogs in this home.  I dog sit, but have no interest in having a pet.  I'm too lazy.

25.  What makes you weird?
Weird?  Who's weird?  Well, maybe some folks think my extreme independence makes me weird.  Tough.

26.  Celebrity crush?
Not since I was a teenager

27. Opinion on cigarettes?
Hate them.  Hate the smell and the smoke.  No smoking allowed in my home ever!!!  I only had one friend who smoked and he was super considerate about it when we were together.

28.  Do you want/have children? How many?
Three sons.  A computer engineer, an accountant and a financial advisor.

29. Three favourite boy names?
I'm going with Mark, Jason and Scott, lest my kids read this.  We'll throw Charlie in for good measure.

30. Three favourite girl names?
I've always liked the name Laura.  And I said if I had a girl I wanted to name her Amanda.  But then Amanda Hammond would have been awful.  When I had to choose a name for my confirmation, I chose Veronica.  Update:  She is such a new addition, I neglected to mention my other grandchild, born last week, Mackenzie, Charlie's little sister.

And there you have me in 30 questions.  Did you learn anything?   How about joining in?
Click here.

And if you want to know more, here is the link to last year's questions.



27 comments:

  1. Well, I see our blogs were born the same day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed your answers and feel that I know you so much better!
    I Saw it on Facebook at Life & Faith in Caneyhead. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always interesting to see some of your replies. I would probably answer the same way to a few. Like the Friends one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, I was pronouncing your name wrong. Sounds even nicer in French. ☺ Love the photos! Independence is an admirable quality and one we share. I enjoyed learning more about you. Thanks for joining the blogfest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I gave up the name game years and years ago. As long as you do not call me Dee, or Dee Dee, I even let folks call me Diane. As a matter of fact, I was once introduced by an emcee at a gathering as Diane Hammond.

      Delete
  5. Enjoyed your answers I've been many colors too, and though I enjoyed my job as a teacher, I'm so glad to be retained.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So I am guessing that your computer auto-corrects just like mine. And that, like me, you do not always reread comments to make sure it didn't mess up, lol. Gotta love technology.

      Delete
  6. I didn't know there was another way to pronounce Denise. I would have pronounced it wrong. I always enjoy reading these answers; it does help to get to know someone better.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like I said above, I am Denise pronounced the usual way. Heck, we are not even French, lol.

      Delete
  7. Hello Denise, I'm a newbie to your blog so this post is a great way for me to get to know about you.
    Lots in there made me smile - I'll be back again. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome. Probably more than anyone needs to know.

      Delete
  8. Love your answers to these questions. My guilty pleasure, aside from chocolate, is watching general Hospital. I have watched that show since the 70's...my mom hooked me on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Back in the day I was hooked on The Guiding Light and As the World Turns.

      Delete
  9. You have excellent taste in breakfast menus. I've always liked the name "Laura" - if we'd had a girl we would have named her that. I really like the photo of your three boys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The boys are all quite the ham actors.

      Delete
  10. Enjoyed reading your answers, Denise! Good to know a bit about you through this blogfest and I love your attitude! You are cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the post. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  11. I am going to join in, Denise. Maybe not yet, but sometime in June. It was fun getting to know you in this way. We have enough things in common, too. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Denise - lovely to meet you - I just linked up through Debbie's blog and it's been really interesting reading everyone's answers - similarities in some things and worlds apart in others - but that's human nature isn't it?
    Leanne | www.crestingthehill.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun blogfest and great way to learn about other bloggers. I'll have to check it out myself. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I absolutely *love* the name Mackenzie for a girl. I'm with Shilpa above—you're totally cool, the kind of person I could be friends with... except for the cigarette issue, I'm afraid. So probably better this way; the smell of smoke doesn't carry in the blogosphere :D

    Seriously, super happy to have met you through Debbie's 30 Odd Q's hop. I'll be back!
    Guilie @ Quiet Laughter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My father was smoker and I grew up with the smoke and the smell. After I moved out of the house, a lot of my lung issues cleared up. This was long before folks talked about 'secondhand smoke'. Once away from it, I found I couldn't tolerate it. My sister actually gets physically sick by the smell. But as I said, I did have a good friend who was very considerate, sooo..... Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  15. It's wonderful to meet someone your age. I wish I had a mentor like you as a younger woman. I still do and hope I'll find one.
    I love your answer for the Kardashians lol.
    Aloha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the nice complement. I think mentors are great though I never had one myself.

      Delete
  16. I'm loving this blogfest - just added your blog to my reading list. I think I'll enjoy reading your posts regularly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I need to find time to read all the blogs I follow. Alas, life gets in the way.

      Delete
  17. That sea salt caramel truffle ice cream sounds absolutely amazing. I think I know what I'm doing this weekend. ��

    With Love,
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.