Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Binge Watching Television

Have you ever binge watched a TV series?  While I have played catch-up with some series, I have never before actually sat down and watched the entire series one episode after another in two days.  Since my annual cough and congestion has showed up, I decided to spend the first two days of the New Year doing just that - binge watching TV.

My first choice was to watch all seven episodes of The Hollow Crown.  I should have known that would not work.  I only made it through three episodes of the Shakespeare plays and called it quits.

So, I decided to watch Westworld.  OMG.  While I enjoy watching science fiction, this was unbelievable.  I guess I should have expected that from HBO.  Lots of nudity.  Definitely not for kids to watch.  But, the storyline was interesting.  From IMDB:  A Western-themed futuristic theme park, populated with artificial intelligence, allows high-paying guests to live out their fantasies with no consequences or retaliation from the android hosts, until now.

Information online says they plan to go for five seasons.  I am not sure I will be back to watch season 2.  There just is not enough here to keep me interested.  But it was a way to wile away the hours while I coughed and had not much energy to do anything else.

Have you binge watched a series?  Which one?  Do you enjoy doing that versus watching week to week?  Have you watched either of the series I mentioned?  What did you think of them?

15 comments:

  1. Haven't heard of the series you mentioned above. Hope you do feel better soon! Few years ago we binge watched LOST after missing the first four seasons to catch up. After being so wrapped up in it and so disappointed with how it ended, I "swore" never to get so involved in a series like I had with it. So now I rarely watch TV :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny you should mention Lost. I was thinking that if I watch Westworld for five years I'd likely be disappointed as I was about Lost.

      Delete
    2. I forgot to mention that Westworld is from the same guys who made Lost.

      Delete
    3. The Lost ending just downright sucked.

      Delete
  2. The Mr. LOVES to binge watch and I can't get him derailed until he has finished a Netflix series. He loved Breaking Bad, Lillihammer and Shameless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My son recommended Breaking Bad. I have never watched it.

      Delete
  3. I have not watched these shows but would like to see Westworld since I know the movie. My hubby binged watched Downton Abbey during the Christmas season. I wanted to join but had to do Christmas stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Binge watching Downton would be fun. I did that for season one.

      Delete
  4. Yes! Breaking Bad was great. The Crown. House of Cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried House of Cards, but could not get into it. Too much politics for me, lol.

      Delete
  5. Never watched your shows but try the documentary series that begins with 7 UP which follows a group of British children every seven years. The most recent episode is 56 UP. Not only is it very interesting and can be watched in a weekend it is a rare experience to watch children go from age 7 to 56 in such a short period of time. Let me know what you think of it. I believe the library has all the episodes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't enjoy TV that much in general so am unlikely to binge watch. If I want to kill time like that, its usually by reading.

    Hope you find some relief after visiting the doc.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did once binge-watch The Good Wife and Army Wives. I enjoyed both of those shows.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I binge watched a season or two of Breaking Bad. At first, I didn't think the show was for me. But I heard that the show employed excellent storytelling methods and so I gave it a try. After watching the first two episodes, I was hooked.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.