Thursday, December 22, 2016

Good Help is Hard to Find - or Not

#imbored:

It's the time of year when everyone is stressed - especially women who are trying to get the cleaning and cooking and shopping done, seemingly all on their own.  I saw this quote on Pinterest last night and I laughed out loud.  Yep, I remember those days.

I have never had household help other than someone to watch the kids if I had to go shopping (I hate screaming kids in the grocery store and yes, even the best behaved will scream at some point).  Once a babysitter cleaned my son's room while she was here.  I laughed and told her that was a complete waste of time, but thanks.



If you have raised kids, you know how difficult it can be to get them to do any chores.  But Charlie is on the right track, all of his own initiative:


Have a shower that needs cleaning?  Need to give the dog a rinse?  No problem.  Master Charles will take care of it.  Not sure how he got this idea 'cause he has never seen me clean the shower and my son says they do not have a squeegee.  

Somehow I doubt that when he is a teenager he will be interested in wiping down the shower walls.










Have a loose screw (or a screw loose)?  Charlie will take care of it with his handy-dandy plastic screwdriver.  Must be those episodes of This Old House I had on TV.
If you are cleaning leaves or weeds from the garden, Charlie will bring his little wagon for you to load.  And then dump it out after you fill it.
Don't cry over spilt milk Gramma (actually he calls me Bubba, which is just too funny), I've got it under control.
Hey, I heard all about how your Mother-in-law would check for dust when she visited.  I'm on it. These swiffer dusters are great!

This has been my little respite from holiday chaos.

2 comments:

  1. I do remember mine when they were little were so much more helpful than when they reached teenage years. Great helper you have there!

    betty

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.