Sunday, June 5, 2016

Put it on the Bucket List

While I was away visiting Europe, Alana over at Ramblin' with AM posted a bucket list that has been making the rounds.  I found her blog interesting in that my Dad also had a bucket list with one item on it.  That item was to take my Mom to Italy to visit her family there.  He died at the age of 57 and never made the trip.   After his early death, I said I would never wait to do something I wanted to do, or buy something I wished to have.  Which explains why I had a Jaguar, the car from Hell.  

So, here are my answers to this list.  I still have places I would like to visit, but no regrets if I never make it there.  And I can't think of anything I would really, really like to do that I haven't done.  


 ( ) Shot a gun

(x) Gone on a blind date - it's how I met my husband
(x) Skipped school - just on Senior skip day
( ) Watched someone die
(x) Visited Canada - a gazillion times
( ) Visited Hawaii - on my bucket list, still
( ) Visited Cuba
(x) Visited Europe
( ) Visited South America
(x) Visited Las Vegas
( ) Visited Central America
( ) Visited Asia
( ) Visited Africa
(x) Visited Florida
( ) Visited Mexico 

(x) Uhwhy isn't Australia on the list?
(x) Seen the Grand Canyon in person
(x) Flown in a helicopter - over the Grand Canyon
(x) Served on a jury - 'Dog bites human. Human sues.  Human loses.'
(x) Been lost - While hiking alone in Canada.  Not a good idea, I know.
(x) Traveled to the opposite side of the country
(x) Visited Washington, DC - So many times and still haven't seen it all
(x) Swam in the Ocean
(x) Cried yourself to sleep
(x) Played cops and robbers
(x) Played cowboys and Indians - With my Annie Oakley gun
( ) Recently colored with crayons - Nope, it was sidewalk chalk
( ) Sang karaoke
( ) Sang a solo or duet in church - Only in school.  I studied voice for six years.
( ) Paid for a meal with coins only - Who carries that much change?  
( ) Made prank phone calls
(x) Laughed until some beverage came out of your nose
(x) Caught a snowflake on your tongue
(x) Had children
(x) Had a pet
( ) Been skinny-dipping
(x) Been fishing
(x) Been boating
( ) Been Downhill Skiing
( ) Been water skiing
(x) Been camping in a trailer/RV
(x) Been camping in a tent
( ) Driven a motorcycle
( ) Been bungee-jumping - I wouldn't even watch the video of my oldest son doing it in New Zealand
(x) Gone to a drive-in movie - the old Bel Air in Detroit
(x) Done something that could have killed you

 ( ) Done something that you will regret for the rest of your life
( ) Rode an elephant
( ) Rode a camel
(x) Eaten just cookies or cake or ice cream for dinner - Ooh, ice cream just last week, lol
(x) Been on TV - my entire career
( ) Stolen any traffic signs
(x) Been in a car accident
( ) Been in the Hospital in past 24 months
(x) Donated blood
( ) Gotten a (speeding) or any other type of ticket in the past 12 months
(x) Gotten a piercing (ears count)
( ) Gotten a Tattoo - I need to have my eyebrows done
(x) Driven a manual transmission vehicle - It's how I learned to drive
(x) Ever owned your dream car - My British racing green Jaguar sedan
(x) Been Married
(x) Been divorced
(x) Fell in love
(x) Fell out of love
( ) Paid for a strangers meal
( ) Driven over 120 mph - not telling
(x) Been scuba diving -  hated it!
( ) Written a published book/story/poetry - nope, just an article for a technical journal
(x) Eaten snails - At the Pontchartrain in downtown Detroit way back in the early 1960's.


How many of these things have you done?  What's on your bucket list?

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for the shout out, Denise. I don't know why Australia wasn't on the list. It's been a lifelong dream, but it never seems to happen. And I well know, from friends who have passed away, that we never know how much time we have left. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen this on Facebook. You have accomplished quite a lot! I have done a lot on the list except travelling too much out of the United States. I served on a jury for a felony murder charge. He took a plea deal before we got the case to decide guilt, but based on what I heard so far, I would have voted guilty. Fascinating experience.

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Bucket List! I live in Canada so I'm good that way. Let's see.......I have never been to Cuba, Asia, Africa, or South America. I have never driven stick shift, only automatic and never owned my dream car unless you consider hot wheels ok. I have never driven a motorcycle and will never bungee jump evergreen scuba dived. I have not seen the Grand Canyon or rode in a helicopter nor did I ever sing....in public, I don't want to hurt anyone. I don't really have regrets even for the stupid things I have done. I have not ridden a camel or elephant and hope to change that one day. I have not received a traffic ticket since I was a teenager nor did I steal any sign...why?? I have never been skinny dipping either but maybe...one day with my hubby:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't think of anywhere I really want to go, or anything I just really want to do. My bucket list is more of a prayer: to live long enough to be there for my 16 year old when she marries and has babies. To see my 4 year old granddaughter grow up. But then except for the traveling I've done almost everything on that list, except tatoos, piercings, divorce, scubadiving.

    Barbara, blogging at Life & Faith in Caneyhead

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I'm stealing... um... borrowing this one! I am curious to see how my list compares to yours. It's a fun list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had not seen this one on Facebook and it sounds fun.. I shall definitely blog my replies to this list!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.