Thursday, February 25, 2016

How Did I Not Know About This?

I saw this button on my Kindle and I wondered " wow" what does that button do ?  And this is what the button does.

 I just tap on the microphone.  Then I speak into my Kindle.  And before I know it I have a new post.

 I've told myself in the past that if I could just talk out loud I'd have more posts.  I seem to have my best ideas for posting when I'm driving a car.  And then I never actually write them down when I get home.

 I have discovered doing this now that it is not foolproof.  The words that appear on the screen are not always the words that I said.  But it is a start on a post that I can clean up later on when I'm ready to post it.

 It does make me feel good to know that this computer posting is not much better when it comes to typing that I am when I'm sitting at a keyboard.

 Do any of you use the microphone feature on your mobile device for writing ?  Or you like me and not know that it even existed?

8 comments:

  1. I haven't found a single voice activated devise which understands my voice correctly! I must speak too quickly and with a strange accent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And even though I thought I had corrected all the errors, there is one in the first sentence. Maybe we need robot voices, lol.

      Delete
  2. I don't have a Kindle but I could probably do something similar with Siri... at least to make a note of an idea so I don't lose it. I should check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could probably do my grocery shopping and blog at the same time. How cool is that?

      Delete
  3. I am still trying to learn my Kindle - I admit it intimidates me and I don't know why. I have an iPhone 4S and Siri and I had a falling out a long time ago. On the other hand my son uses the microphone on his Galaxy 5S a lot to verbally order Google searches - and it really works. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am dictating this reply. I think this is something I could get used to especially since my typing is awful.

      Delete
  4. I just bought my new I pad so I have no clue what it can do. I am having fun though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate to be attached at the hip to a device. But I find that I can spend a lot of time playing scrabble.

      Delete