Friday, October 3, 2014

Pictures, as Promised

I have nearly 1,000 pictures to edit and label.  I know it will take me quite some time to get it done.  But, I wanted to post pictures of my topics from yesterday's post.

First, a photo of a traffic jam in Moscow:


This was taken from the driver's side as we sat in traffic on the bridge.  You can see the traffic backed-up trying to exit the freeway on the left below us and more traffic just sitting on the right. Surprisingly, while I expected to see lots of Ladas, I actually saw many more Japanese cars.  But, here is one picture of a Lada:


And here is a picture of the Market Square in Tallinn, Estonia:


It was a glorious day in a beautiful old city.

4 comments:

  1. I thought Ladas had disappeared. Haven't seen any round here lately. You should see London traffic in "rush hour". Tallinn does look a nice place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rush hour? This picture was taken about 9:15 in the morning. They stopped making Ladas in 2012. I once flew into London in the midst of a bus and underground strike. Ugh!

      Delete
  2. Oh my friend will be in Tallinn in 2 weeks and I am envious. I know it is an under seen gem that will probably be over run by tourists soon enough. I see this traffic jam and I think of Toronto but I don't think this picture quite shows just how crazy it is there. From what you wrote Toronto is a moving place compared to Moscow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our hotel was about 30 km, or 20 miles, from the airport. It took over two hours to get there.

      Delete

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.