Saturday, October 4, 2014

I've Got some Some Catching up to Do

Just take September and wipe it off of my calendar.  No blogging and no reading of blogs.  I've been trying to catch up, but September was also the start of the new fall TV season, so I also have programs to catch up on.

Anyway, back on September 7, Sharon, at Strong Foundations, nominated me for a "Lovely Blog Award".  I cannot thank her enough for her kind words about my blog, especially since I am so tardy in doing so.  So, "thank you, thank you, thank you".



The Rules for the "One Lovely Blog Award":

1.  Thank the person who nominated you and link to that blog - see above
2.  Share Seven things about yourself - see below
3.  Nominate 15 bloggers you admire (or as many as you can think of!) - also listed below
4.  Contact your bloggers to let them know that you've tagged them for the One Lovely Blog Award (which if I had been checking all of my comments I would have noticed long before now).

First, is there anything that no one knows about me after writing this blog for so long?  Well, maybe you know all this already.

About me:

1.  One of the best decisions I ever made was to retire.  I haven't ever had a minute of regret.  And I have never been bored just sitting here reading a book or staring at the clouds.

2.  I love yoga.  I am so glad I decided to quit going to physical therapy and started going to yoga classes instead.  By practicing an adaptive form of yoga I have greatly increased my flexibility and strength.  I was getting no where with physical therapy.

3.  I plan.  And then I review the plan.  Whether I am cooking a meal for family or planning a vacation, I always know what I am doing and when I am doing it.  I think that makes some folks a little crazy, but it is just how I am wired.

4.  I never was a morning person.  Now that I have retired and no longer have to 'rise and shine' at an early hour, that is exactly what I do.  I still get my eight hours of sound sleep, but for some reason I awake at six a.m. feeling rarin' to go.  Back in my 20's when I had to get up at six to get to work my co-workers used to joke that I didn't wake up until 10.

5.  I live on a short, but very diverse street.  The folks across the street are from Moscow.  The nice neighbor who gave me a bag of tomatoes, which I used to make sauce for my pasta today, is from Italy (yes, an Italian who doesn't like tomatoes but found a plant growing in some top soil he bought.) Four doors north is a family from India and two doors south is one from Japan.  Add in the Jewish families, Chaldeans and African-Americans and we have our own United Nations.

6.  People still recognize me in the stores and ask when I will return to politics.  Like, NEVER!!!

7.  My family is the most important thing in my life.  Or did you figure that out when I started bragging about my grandson?

OK.  Now for my nominations.  Some of these folks may have already received this award, but I just want to point out some of the blogs I read and enjoy, in case you've never noticed the list on my blog.

1.  Strong Foundations.  I found Sharon's blog, or she found me, during the 2013 A to Z.  I've enjoyed reading about her family and envy the fact that she has so much information about them.

2.  Buttercup Counts her Blessings.  Carol's blog is one of the first I discovered after I started blogging.  She has since retired and I enjoy reading her adventures in retirement.

3.  Jo on Food, my Travels and a Scent of Chocolate.  Another A to Z blog.  Jo found me and had some good pointers.  She blogs every day, with a recipe no less.

4.  Commonweeder.  I know that Pat does not accept awards, but if you have an interest in flowers, check out her blog.  Her photos are lovely and I so envy her roses.

5.  A Few Drops of Ink.  Cynthia is a beautiful writer.  She also does book reviews.  Another blog I found during A to Z.

6.  BB Creations.  Oh, to be as creative as Birgit.  Her cards are lovely and so is her blog.

7.  Martha Reynolds Writes.  I found this blog in this year's A to Z.  Martha wrote about cheese.  She is also an author who writes books with 'chocolate' in the title.  How bad can that be?

And there I am stopping.  Seven facts and seven nominees.

And another big 'Thanks' to Sharon for the nomination.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much! It was nice to read about you and find out what an eclectic street you live on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have yet to send my emails to nominees. Was busy 'catching up'.

      Delete
  2. That was really nice of you Denise but I am going to decline as I already have this award. It was good to read the things about you. It's always interesting to find out more about one's cyber friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was more concerned with recommending blogs I enjoy and knew that some of you already have the award.

      Delete
  3. Seize those golden moments. It's your time, and you have earned it. There's no other way of putting something that has been built up and is about to see completion. There's no point in standing in the way of that, either. Enjoy the rest of your retirement! All the best!

    Stacey Neal @ Romero Insurance and Financial Services

    ReplyDelete