Monday, April 14, 2014

L is also for Labor...and Delivery

We interrupt our regularly scheduled posting to bring you this important announcement:

Charles Scott Hammond arrived on April 13, 2014 in Royal Oak, Michigan.  He weighs 7 pounds, 14 ounces and has what appears to be curly black hair.  Mother and father are doing fine.  Grandma is beat.

I think I was more emotional hearing his first cries than I was when my own sons were born.  Then again, I had other things on my mind during my deliveries.  Like hoping it would soon be over with.  Funny how we forget most of the pain we go through to deliver.  And thank goodness.

I did take some pictures, but I'll wait to post one later when all of the redness is gone from his face (I am not good at Photoshop)

Update:  My daughter-in-law sent this photo:


5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Glad all are well and healthy-now everyone needs a little sleep because won't get much once home:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping she is as lucky as I was. All three of my boys slept right through the night.

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful, beautiful baby. He's such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charles is a lovely name, and he is an adorable baby. Congratulations to you, Denise, and to your son and daughter-in-law. May the baby bring you much, much joy. This gives me an idea for my N post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A newborn speaks perhaps? Lovely post on marriage today.

      Delete

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.