Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Me and My Smart Ideas

My project this last year was to move most of my recipes to my Pinterest account.  Gone is most of the collection of old magazines, files and clippings.  I am still in the process of scanning anything I could not find online.  Heaven help me if my Internet fails and I want to cook, LOL.

So now that I am preparing my Thanksgiving menu, I am looking for recipes.  First I gave each of my dinner guests the opportunity to vote for what they wanted to eat.  And then I decided what I would cook. 

I chose to make the roasted butternut squash soup (done and in the freezer), but thought I would check the recipe for the chestnut soup that I had not made in quite some time.  And then I couldn't find it.  I looked through everything I have until I remembered Pinterest.  Yes, there it was online.

I plan to make the chutney today and need to run out to the grocer's for some apricots, but I decided to line up the rest of my recipes while I was searching.  How was it I had shown a stuffing in an old menu (I save all of them), but could not find a recipe?  Not even in Pinterest.  A Google search located it.  I am sure it is someplace at home I didn't look, like a cookbook, but I spent quite a bit of time sorting through stuff.  Again.

Anyway, my menu is set.  I think.  You just never know when I will change my mind. 


Roasted Butternut Squash Soup w Pumpkin Butter

Sausage, Chestnut& Fennel Dressing
Potato-Fennel Gratin w sweet potato puree
Brussels Sprouts w caramelized shallots and pancetta
Cipollini Onions
Brandied Cranberry Chutney
Romaine salad w pear and pomegranate
Honey mustard and maple dressing

Black Forest Cake
Pumpkin Mascarpone Pie

Happy cooking!

4 comments:

  1. What time should I be there? Sounds delicious.

    I keep all my recipes on a programme which I have on both my desktop and laptop. That menu would be too ambitious for me these days, I can no longer stand in the kitchen for any length of time sadly. I can dream though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just read the Deconstructed Turkey instructions. That is way too much work for me. I buy turkey breasts when I am in the States and usually cook those for Thanksgiving (passed in Canada) and Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the challenge. I have a wonderful recipe for turkey breast studded with dried fruits. It is delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds good, could you share it please?

    As for challenges, I used to enjoy them too, but nowadays I go for good taste, but simpler preparation.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.