Sunday, March 31, 2013

The Liebster Award

I just sat down to check my mail before my Easter Sunday gets going and I find that I have been nominated for a Liebster Award.  I was nominated by a fellow blogger, Holly Jahangiri.  Everything you wanted to know about this award can be found here: http://jahangiri.us/2013/liebster-award/.  My many thanks to her for reading the blog I write. 


liebster-aNow, I am a bit pressed for time today.  While I would be happy just eating coconut cake, I think a more balanced diet is in order which means I need to get in the kitchen.  But I will answer the questions, pose my own and find some bloggers with low readership.  Most of the people I follow and other blogs I read seem to have signed up half of their local communities as followers.  lol

I just cannot get it all done today.


I will start by answering the eleven questions I have been asked.

1. What’s the strangest food you’ve ever eaten, and why?  A gluten-free chocolate cupcake.  I kid you not.  We were tasting a supplier's gluten-free offerings at the hospital kitchen where I used to volunteer.  It was unbelievably nasty.  Not only couldn't I swallow it, I couldn't even keep it in my mouth.  Why would anyone do that to chocolate?

2. Mountains, forest, prairie, canyon, or beach?  The mountains, definitely.  The Rockies, the Appalachians, Smokies, I could not even imagine picking a favorite.

3. What’s your favorite sport to play or to watch?  Track and field.  Some of my best sports memories are going to the NCAA Track and Field competitions in Detroit.

4. What is your ideal vacation like?  Going someplace with amazing views of nature.  Probably why I love the National Parks so much.

5. What kinds of books do you prefer to read in your spare time?  If someone isn't whacked in a book, I usually do not find much interest in it.  I have always loved mysteries.

6. How has the Internet changed your view of other cultures and people?  I don't know that my views have changed, but I have had contact with people all over the globe who read this on occasion.  I love the experience.

7. What would your “last supper” look like?  Pizza.  I love pizza.  There is an article in today's paper about Detroit pizza.  All I know is that there is nothing as good as the pizza they serve here at home!

8. Are you energized by the crowd, life of the party – or are you left drained until you can recharge with a little solitude?  I love small get-togethers with friends.  Large groups of folks roaming around with drink in hand leave me feeling lost.

9. What do you want written on your tombstone?  I do not want a tombstone and my kids had better not spend money on one or I will come back and haunt them.

10.  Do you believe in reincarnation – and if so, what do you think you next life will be like?  See above answer.  Seriously, I have these dreams about some other life I've had.  Is that my other life?

11. What’s your favorite rock?  There is a rock overlooking Jordan Pond in Bar Harbor, Maine that I will never forget.  I could have sat there looking out forever.  I just came across the slide in my collection and am having it put on my slide DVD.  And I bet you thought I would pick something I could wear on my finger, didn't you?

More later.

I'll be back to post my random facts just as soon as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.