Sunday, March 31, 2013

The Liebster Award Random Facts

Eleven Random Facts About Me

1.  As much as I have traveled, I have lived in only two different homes for 60+ years.  Only four years of my life were spent in three other homes.  Seems like I either stay long or go quickly.

2.  I have three grown sons and one daughter-in-law.  I don't usually talk about my children unless I am asked.

3.  Most people I know either have forgotten or never knew I had a career as a Registered Medical Technologist for ten years, most of them working for the City of Detroit.

4.  I studied voice for many years, but please do not ask me to sing. 

5.  My right brain and my left brain have been in constant turmoil since I was a child.  I love the creative arts and studying finance.  I guess that is where 'creative accountants' come from.

6.  I used to be a chocoholic, but now my passion is lemon.  And just when they tell me chocolate is good for me.  Guess I'll have to make the sacrifice and eat it, too.

7.  I think I could live on dried fruit and nuts.  And maybe some pizza.  I love to cook and try new things, but when I am hungry, fruit and nuts are so quick and easy.

8.  As much as I speak my mind, I have a hard time confronting racists and homophobes face to face.  They just seem so angry and I hate to get into a fight.  Then again, if they are making a snarky remark or offhand comment, I'll pop one back at them.  But it always seems to go right over their heads.

9.  I love planning vacations.  Tell me where we are going and I will figure out every day of our trip.  I promise that I will be flexible, to a point.

10.  I would throw dinner parties every week if someone else would do the shopping and the clean-up.  Otherwise, it will just be fruit and nuts with wine.  Maybe some chocolate.

11.  I may not like big parties, but ask me to speak and you better set a time limit or I will go on forever.  That being said, I really have no interest in ever speaking before a large group of people again on any topic.  Well, maybe if I can just talk about me.  But set a time limit.

Now, I need to find eleven other bloggers to nominate and think up eleven questions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.