Sunday, March 31, 2013

And the Liebster Award Nominees Are:

Well, I had never heard of the Liebster Award before this morning.  The first thing I did was a Google search to see if it was legit.  It is.  Sorta.  I found various rules for the award. 

So, off I went to the person's site who nominated me.  There I learned that she had already researched the award.  The thing is, do I follow the rules she has on her blog or those I have found on others? 

The Liebster Award appears to have originated on the German blog Bird of Paradise, in 2010.  But who knows.  What everyone seems to agree on is that you:

1. Thank the blogger(s) who gave you the award with a link back to their site(s)
2. Place the Liebster Award icon on your site.  Use this one or find another online.


3. Nominate 3, 5, 7, or 11 other bloggers with less than 200 or 3,000 readers.

What was different on my nomination was, according to my nominator:
  • Post 11 random facts about you, by way of introduction to new readers
  • Answer 11 questions that the presenter of your award has asked
  • Nominate 11 new bloggers with fewer than 200 followers (or 3-5 blogs having fewer than 3000 followers, if you prefer to keep with the original tradition) that you want to pass the award on to
  • Ask your nominees 11 questions
  • Be happy! You are not obligated to do any of this – just strongly encouraged. Someone would like new readers to get to know you and your blog.
So, here I am trying to figure out how many to nominate and what to ask.  I never participate in those email chain letters.  I especially hate those that tell you to forward it and receive a 'surprise, you will laugh your head off'.  Yeah, right.  I am surprised at the folks I know who fall for these.

But this is different.  Someone actually had to find my blog and read it.  So, in turn, I will nominate the following eleven bloggers and ask the following eleven questions:

1. A Month of ...Blog  I love the pictures
2. Click's Lemonade Stand -50 cents a glass - Lemons, my favorite.
3. Jo on Food, My Travels and a Scent of Chocolate - Three of my favorite things
4. Kim's Crazy Life - Another local blogger with a life crazier than mine
5. Earth's Almanac - Everything I ever wanted to know about local parks and then some
6. Garden to Garden - Anything that will help with my gardening is appreciated
7. The Traveler's Dreamblog - A brand new blogger on one of my favorite topics, traveling.
8. Patio Gardening Fruits and Vegetables in Containers - Seems to be the only way I can grow veggies around here what with the animals eating up the garden
9. Magical Mystical Mimi - Very nice blog.  It makes me smile.
10. VR Barkowski/Writer in Progress - What's not to like about a post with a picture of Doctor Who
11. Jessica Schley From Prose to Pulp - A site where I am sure I can learn something useful about writing

So, here are my eleven questions.  I know that some of these blogs are part of the A-Z Challenge and they may take awhile to respond.  I do not want to stress anyone out.

1.  If you could be any animal, which would it be and why?

2. What kind of tree are you?

3.  Are you a city person or a country person? 

4.  If you could meet one historical figure living or dead, who would it be?

5.  Window seat or aisle?

6.  If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you go?

7.  Fast food or gourmet meal, assuming you are doing the cooking?

8.  What or who inspired you to start a blog?

9.  When it come to appointments are you there ten minutes early or ten minutes late?  Or are you Mr./Ms. Punctuality?

10.  What the most challenging thing you have ever accomplished?

11.  Why did you decide to accept the award and answer all the questions?

So, now I have to post this and contact my nominees.  I've already gained something by discovering some very interesting blogs today.  Tomorrow I start the challenge and some of these blogs will be read by me next month.

8 comments:

  1. Thank you, I think.

    Do you realise you have Captcha on your site. Not recommended by the A to Z team. They tell you how to get rid of it on their site.

    Yes, you are right, I will not be responding to this until May.

    JO ON FOOD, MY TRAVELS AND A SCENT OF CHOCOLATE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jo. I fixed that. Also got rid of anonymous comments as they recommend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Thank you so much for the award and stopping by my blog! Your kind words make *me* smile. :D I'm in the middle of last minute tasks but I wanted to thank you AND.. Ask if you knew Jerry Tobias? He worked in W. Bloomfield for years. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the Liebster and for swinging by my blog. Looking forward to tackling this task as soon I survive the A to Z. :)

    ~VR Barkowski

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes. :) He was the chief and my sister's father-in-law. Sadly he passed away.. He was a good guy. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.