Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Not just Loafing Around

Lest anyone think us retirees have nothing to do and time on our hands, let me make a suggestion based on my morning.

I want to clean out my closet and all my dresser drawers before the end of the year.  For real this time.

I spent a good deal of time today just going through my shoe collection. For the last four years I have been weeding out 'work' clothes that I know I will not wear.  But any woman can tell you that it is easier said than done.  Just when you give something away you find yourself thinking you are going to wear it, only to remember that it is long gone. 

After I broke my leg, ankle and foot in 2007, I cleaned out my shoe closet.  Most of the shoes that went to my garage sale were high heels.  I discovered this morning that unless my shoe size changes, I may never have to buy another pair of shoes again.  I actually found three pairs that have never been worn.  Not once.

So, I am piling up my cast-offs in the guest bedroom.  I hope to have this done by the end of the month.  I'll load up my car and drive it all up to the Salvation Army in Keego Harbor.  I just hope it all fits.

If you are at all like me, you too are holding onto 'stuff' in the hope you will one day wear it again. 

My suggestion:  Donate it and give someone else the chance to wear it.  They will really appreciate it, I am sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.