Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Negative Campaigning

I could probably do an entire blog about negative campaigning, but I won't.  I do want to comment on an ad I saw on TV yesterday.

I was all set to sit down here at my computer this morning and send an email to the State Republican Party.  I saw an ad last night that bashes the City of Detroit and asks voters to return Oakland County officials to office.  WTF?

I was disgusted and glad I had not sent the party any of my money. 

This morning I read in the Detroit News that our County Executive asked the Party to pull the ads.  They are doing so. 

There are lots of good things to say about the candidates on their own behalf without bashing the City.  After all, their leaders are their own worst enemies and need no help from the Republican Party.

Now, back to reading my newspaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment