Saturday, June 23, 2012

Finding an Old Daylily Friend

While I was trying to identify my daylilies last year, I encountered more than a few problems.  My memory of what I bought and where I planted it was useless.  Not to mention years of not even paying attention to them.

Some I had no hope of identifying by their flowers because they did not have any.  Not because they did not make buds, but because the deer got in and ate them during the night, so they never opened.

I am happy to say that this year I am a little ahead in the battle.  And, I have found a daylily that I had not seen in some time.  I am 99% sure it is Chicago Regal. 



Now, if any aficionados are out there and disagree, please let me know.  I need all the help I can get. 

Meanwhile, a new purchase has opened up this morning.  It is Joylene Nichole. 


I am eagerly awaiting the show of color to come in the next few weeks.  I also discovered that there is a daylily display garden right here in West Bloomfield.  When I called the owner and told her I was interested in visiting, I also asked her when she thought her garden would peak, considering the mild winter we had.  She said she was not sure it would, as the deer were eating everything.  Time to have a deer roundup.  I will likely spend well over $200 this season trying to keep them out of the yard.  Makes for some expensive blooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.