Monday, April 23, 2012

Mother Earth Huffing and Puffing

Yesterday I posted some photos of my yard.  I did so even though the quality was a tad shy of 'fair'.  I couldn't understand why the photos of the trees and shrubs were so blurry.  I thought maybe I needed a new camera.

Then it dawned on me, as I lay in bed listening to the wind outside, that they were blurry not because of the camera, my hands shaking, or my eyesight.  It was the wind.

The wind for the last several months has been incredible.  No need to hire anyone to prune dead branches out of the trees.  By the time the spring yard waste collection began at the first of the month, I already had two containers full of broken branches.  There are many more out there today.

We are expecting windy conditions, with gusts up to 50 MPH for the day today.  The grass needs cutting, but there is no way I am going outside in this wind, wearing my winter coat and hood, to cut the lawn.  That is how I dress for using the snow blower.

I guess I shouldn't complain about the wind.  When I was online looking at the weather maps, I saw this huge mass of snow to our East.  I guess we got lucky again, so I'll deal with the wind.  And the blurry pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.