Saturday, December 10, 2011

Elephants with no Memories?

Supposedly, elephants are a symbol of wisdom in Asian cultures and are famed for their memory and intelligence.  While this is not the reason the Republican Party picked them as their symbol, it still seems to me that there are a whole lot of Republicans with no memories.  How else to explain the popularity of Newt Gingrich.

The first use of the elephant as a symbol was in 1874 when Harper's Weekly published a cartoon by Thomas Nast.  He had already established the Democrat Party symbol as the 'jackass' in 1870, now dignified by the word 'donkey'.

As for the rise of the former Speaker of the House, how can this be?   I blogged in February about the blunders of the 1994 electorate.  I even mentioned Gingrich in the blog.  Never in my wildest dreams did I think he could again rise to the top of the pack.  Republicans:  WHERE ARE YOUR MEMORIES????  ARE YOU NUTS?

If this guy can actually get elected to lead our nation, I'll forget about moving to Texas.  I'm moving to Canada instead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.